I absolutely do not enjoy babysitting other people’s children – when it is done in the conventional way. If I am babysitting your child – the TV will be on for no longer than 1 episode of their favorite show. The most exciting thing you can dor for a child, is allow them into a mystical world in which they are never allower – the kitchen. These recipes are great for feeding children, but also for keeping them busy. Welcome to the first of many:
Burgers and “Fries”
For this recipe you will need:
- Either pre-made burger patties – or ground turkey
- Hamburger Buns
- 2 Peeled Apples
- Grill your hamburger patties until they are well done.
- Place the patties on the buns. Add whichever condiments your babysittees like – in my case he only liked ketchup.
- Cut up the apples vertically – they should be in the shape of fries.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
A wonderful addition to this recipe is a milkshake dessert!
This is a recipe I saw on Pinterest – it ended up being a little too rich so I made a couple of adjustments.
- 3 Cups of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Can of Blue Frosting
- 1 Package of Oreos
- Mini Marshmellows
- Chocolate Chips
- Allow your babysittee to drop the ice cream, almosnd milk, and 3-4 cookies in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into a small cup – the kids may spill or not finish a normal sized cup.
- Use the blue frositing from the spray can and make a zig zag motion until you can no longer see the milk through the top of the cup.
- Place a straw in the cup and position the marshmellows in the frosting to look liek eyes. Finish off the eyes by placing the chocolate chips in the center of the marshmellows.
- Place an oreo near the rim of the cup – to look like it is being eaten by Cookie Monster!
- Use the frosting again around the cookie and marshmellows to make sure they are in place. The can is a little hard for kids to use, so I just let him watch me spray out the forsting until he had decided it looked enough like cookie monster. If you do all of the frosting at once, you will have a harder time putting in the cookie and the straw because that stuff is thick!
And there you have a fun activity to do with your own kids or yoru friends’ kids. Not super healthy, but this is how I stay in the #1 babysitter spot ^_^