Y’all this salmon is SO good!!! I could eat it every day and be happy with my life. Before we get into it, a couple of suggestions:
- Use a whole salmon filet as opposed to the small fillets
- If you are like me and can’t chop super thin, use a vegetable slicer of some sort for the onions
Okay, now for the recipe:
- 2lb Salmon Filet
- 1 Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder
- 1 tbs Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a basking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon on the sheet and sprinkle it with the seasonings. I prefer to use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt. Be generous.
- Lay the onion slices on top of the filet until it is fully covered. Don’t worry if you didn’t have the slicer. I found out that the salmon will still taste great, it just won’t be as pretty.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mayo, lemon juice, mustard, minced garlic. Make sure it is thin enough to spread over the onions.
- Spread the mixture over the onions until the filet is fully covered. Top with the shredded cheeses. Bake the fish for about 15 minutes.
- Then, broil the filet for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley if you want it to look pretty!
This is the finished product. It looks much better when cut. I recommend putting a piece of the salmon on top of a bed of rice and serving with a green vegetable.